Anyone operating on the online platform needs to be visible. There is a lot of competition in the online space, and you must find a way to stand out. You may be optimizing your pages for search engines, which is fantastic. However, you must monitor what you are doing if you are to improve upon it. That is why you need the Google Search Console.
What is the Google Search Console?
You have to monitor everything you do in the online space. It would help if you also saw how Google sees your site and how it applies it for organic reach. The Google search console is a free platform that you can use to perform this task. You get information on things such as the performance of your site on mobile, which content generates the highest queries, where your visitors come from, among others.
When you optimize your site for search engines, you must do it well. Understanding what works, Google SEO algorithm, SEO trends, among others, can be very challenging. Your SEO algorithm looks at very specific factors. Such include the use of the right keywords, how you optimize your Meta descriptions and page titles, relevant links, among others. Focusing on SEO will have a significant impact on the results you get on the Google Search console.
You can also request Google to review your site, especially if you had to fix an issue on it. You need to be patient because Google handles reconsideration requests in batches, and it may take some time. Google groups the requests in batches and processes them according to sets. The seriousness of the issue you are correcting will determine how fast Google reviews your site.
Utilizing google search console for more web traffic
Google Search Console will give you critical data that you need for your marketing strategy. You get to fix any issues and implement the right approach to increase traffic. You can utilize it in the following ways.
- Submit your site map, so that the web crawlers can get to your website easily
- You get to see the common phrases and keywords that are directing people to your website
- It will help you identify the most popular pages on your website
- it will let you know where you get the most traffic from, thereby allowing you to target your marketing efforts appropriately
- You get to know which devices your website visitors use including mobile and desktop appliances
- It gives you relevant information on how mobile-friendly your website is. Remember Google reviews the mobile usability of a website for ranking purposes
- It lets you know which sites you are getting backlinks from. Backlinks are essential with regards to SEO, and you should, therefore, strive for authoritative websites only
- You get information on any issues that you need to correct, including broken links that can give users a bad experience with a website.
You may think that you are doing the right things concerning page optimization. With Google Search Console, you can actually confirm the effectiveness.