There is no online platform that is as popular for live online streaming of video games as Twitch. You just need to visit and you can see thousands of streamers that try to get you to view them. If you love video games and you would like to make an online income by playing them, Twitch is the first thing that comes to mind.
The problem with Twitch is that it is the largest video game online streaming platform. This is a problem because the competition is huge. You need to stand out of the crowd and this is not at all easy to do. Fortunately, if you want to improve your chances of becoming a gaming influencer, there are some things that can be done right now.
Take a look at actionable advice that can help you promote your Twitch channel below. We will focus on tips that are very good for those that just start out on this journey.
Always Set Very Clear Goals
If you want to be successful with live video streaming, you have to treat everything like a business. This means you need to set a goal and you always need a strategy to use so that the goals can be met.
The main objective is almost always to gain more subscribers and viewers.
Try to keep goals very concise so that you can avoid any possible misinterpretation. As an example, a good goal would be gaining 100 subscribers in 2 months. When your goal is to simply increase subscriber count, it is not concise enough. Your goals need to be attainable.
Extra tip: After you set your goals, make sure that you measure them. This lets you know if you get closer to them or if you just use time. Always use the Twitch Channel Analytics tool for this.
Always Stick To A Schedule
You simply cannot be successful on Twitch if you do not stick to a consistent and frequent schedule. Just take a look at the successful streamers and you will see that there is a clear streaming schedule listed on their page. The stream schedule can be plugged on social media and will show that you are serious about the work you do.
In your schedule include time and date, together with what game you will stream. This is very useful because it allows viewers to locate the best possible content for them.
Carefully Choose Your Games
Here comes a difficult part of online Twitch streaming as a business. There has to be a balance between the games that the audience loves and the games that you love. Also, you need to throw in some of the popular games and even games that few people heard about so that viewers can be intrigued.
Divide everything by category:
- Games You Love – The big advantage of streaming games you are really passionate about is that the content will be much more engaging and vibrant. When you do not like the game, it does show and the audience will not be as entertained.
- Popular Games – There are numerous people out there that love to see games like Call of Duty, League of Legends, or Fortnite. When you play them, there is a much higher possibility of growing your following so you should take this option into account. The big problem though is that such games are played by numerous people. It is quite easy to be lost in a crowd.
- Games That You Are Very Good At – If you are very good at a particular game, you should focus on it since viewers love to see skilful gamers. As a very well-known example, streamer Ninja gained a huge following by playing Fortnite.
Always Interact With The Audience
While video is important for online branding and you are definitely recommended to use YouTube and social media clips to promote your streaming business, what you do when you stream is so much more important. You have to interact with the audience you have in order to keep it entertained. Two things are particularly important:
- Watching the chat room – Look at the chat room as you play video games so that you can answer some of the questions asked. Also, if you get a new subscriber to the channel or a donation, make sure to thank the username associated with the action.
- Talk with your viewers – The audience needs to be kept engaged and you have to constantly talk on the stream. Although viewers might be low, just keep talking. This is a wonderful way to practice and will grab the attention of the people that just randomly visit your channel.
Always treat your Twitch business as seriously as possible. This is mandatory or you will not be successful. Learn from the mistakes you make and just do not give up. If you do everything mentioned above, you will grow your Twitch channel and will keep getting more viewers as time passes.