CDP is commonly known as the Content Delivery Platform. CDP is a software service that creates a repository for pieces of information and utilizes embedded code to deliver web content. In other words, CDP acts as a singular secure point of content delivery. This takes place in steps like any different process. The following is the complete mechanics of CDP:
● Collection of data – This is the main element and first step in CDP. Content is automatically collected from various sources depending upon the type of content. Textual documents, structured records, or unstructured documents are initially collected to begin the process.
● Transformation of the collected data – For the content to become actionable information and be used in many ways, the content needs to be transformed. Now, the content is turned into fine-grained and actionable information. The content’s format is very different from its initial format due to transformation.
● Delivery of the transformed information – The transformed information is now accessible to application and processes in a fixed contextual manner. Now, content consumption is thoroughly analyzed to increase engagement.
Websites that deliver information or content that can be useful for users and people can be categorized as Content delivery platforms. These content delivery platforms are very secure and vast. They contain information from many sources and are given a common point for delivering very content.
CDP is not a substitute or an alternative for other existing applications that can be used to generate and store pieces of information. On the other hand, the current applications used by people were made for a specific purpose, and it isn’t time-efficient, and the applications are useful for a singular aim. These applications only solve one exact thing, whereas CDP provides a platform for multiple purposes.
As a part of the IT department, the employees have to connect to several sources to find the one they are looking for. He/she needs to use multiple applications to find the things they are looking for, and hence there is no centralized or a particular delivery platform where the users can find things in one place.
Why CDP wins over multiple sources and applications
As a user, having simplified search engines can be much more comfortable than going through complex applications. The problem with having to search through multiple sources to find the things that you are looking for is that you need to know every existing tool in those applications. Along with that, the following are the disadvantages of not having a singular data delivery point:
● It is mainly tiring work to go through multiple applications to find information about the things you are searching for. A unified platform where you can find everything is more beneficial.
● When you have a single platform where you can find all the information that you are searching for, time is saved, whereas the opposite happens when there’s no unified platform to get information.
● You have to know multiple tools and options required to use the application that you are using to search for information.
● The piece of information that you find on a particular application has a format that is only suitable for that very platform. When you transfer the information to other platforms, it won’t allow since the format isn’t compatible with the latter once.
● The amount of investment needed is much more than a singular platform since you have to buy licenses for the applications and even setup security so no one can breach the application.
CDP solves every problem that a user faces while searching through multiple sources for the information he/she needs.
How CDP solves the problem of multiple sources
Although it isn’t exactly a drawback, attaching multiple sources to a singular delivery platform increases the engine’s complexity. Nonetheless, the following are the ways CDP solves the problem of multiple sources:
● Creating a singular point of delivery – As a user having a unified application to find information is much more beneficial than having multiple sources. CDP allows users to have all the applications and sources that they have been using under one roof.
● Consistency – When using a particular application, you can expect the format of the information to be compatible with only that application. Still, with CDP, you have a consistent format that can be compatible with any application.
● Spreading of information – CDP helps spread information via multiple channels, which can be useful to users later.
CDP isn’t just a platform that glues together multiple applications. CDP is a unified service that simplifies and eases a user’s life with a simple search engine and accessible interface when he/she is searching for information.