Google Ads and Facebook Ads have been competing for a very long time now. Both of these platforms are used a lot by marketers that try to get the best possible results for the businesses they promote. However, this does not mean that you can blindly choose one and expect success.
Nowadays, you have to personalize marketing strategies. This all starts by choosing what platform to use. Both Facebook Ads and Google Ads can be very effective but it is really important to make the correct choice for your audience.
Why Is There A Debate?
The truth is there is no better option. This is because both of these platforms work in different ways and have some specific benefits. It is always better to just ask questions like:
- How much can I invest in ads?
- What buyer journey stage do I want to work on?
- What platform is best to reach the target audience I have?
Both Google and Facebook are regularly used by people. Choosing between the two is all about considering the benefits of both options.
Using Google Ads
Google Ads evolved a lot in the past years and now you have access to countless campaign types that can be used. This includes:
- Display network ads
- Search network ads
- Video campaigns
- Google Shopping ads
- App campaigns
Google stands out as the most successful and popular PPC advertising option available right now on the internet. This is because of the main benefits associated with it:
- Higher SERP – When you create relevant ads, they are placed at the top of search engine results. You can compete with the top brands for a low investment.
- Countless Options – You can easily choose out of millions of different keywords to advertise with so you could reach a virtually endless audience.
- Appearing In Search Results – While with SEO it takes a long time to rank high, with Google Ads the appearance is instant.
Using Facebook Ads
Facebook Ads use a different medium to reach the audience. Social advertising is very effective because you can target audience patterns and behaviours. With the use of Facebook, customers can connect with others and voice personal experience. On Facebook, you can use different formats for your ads, including photo, video, carousel, slideshow, and dynamic product ads.
Keep in mind that there are over 180 million companies that use Facebook right now to advertise. This is a huge number that practically means such ads are very effective.
The biggest benefits associated with using Facebook Ads are:
- Users share a lot of information on Facebook. This includes hobbies, beliefs, and interests. This transference of data can easily be utilized to target those that are most likely to become customers.
- After you find a database of users that has a high possibility of shopping, data can be imported into Facebook so you can target people directly.
- With Facebook Ads, you can gain sales, followers, subscriptions, sign-ups, leads, and more.
Where Is The Highest ROI?
At the end of the day, you have to take into account the benefits associated with advertising on both Facebook and Google. However, you have to choose the option that has the best ROI. This is not the same for every single business.
What you need to understand is that what works for one company does not necessarily work for you. It is important to consider both options so that you can make a properly informed choice. Just divide your advertising budget in two.
Test ads for the same landing page so you can see what works best for your business. This will help you to make the best possible choice. Just make sure you have a system in place to monitor how your ads are doing.