One of the most important recent news related to the Google Search Console is the addition of a report for Guided Recipes. This new enhancement for reports can prove to be very valuable for site owners that feature recipes and can lead to more traffic because of the appearance of better-looking snippets in search.
What is important with the Reports For Guided Recipes is that the feature allows the user to validate the markup that is used for the individual recipes. At the same time, you can discover issues that you have to solve and that keep your recipes from properly showing up.
The Guided Recipes Enhancement Report
The brand new report for guided recipes enhancement offers a specific report for the recipe markup you utilized. It practically shows warnings, fully valid pages, and errors that are found among the recipes presented on your website. Also, when an issue is found and you fix it, the report can notify Google that the page was modified. This allows Google to quickly recrawl and then process the entire page.
Guided Recipes – Rich Results Tests
Together with the above-mentioned enhancement, Google updated the testing tool for rich results. It now displays suggestions or errors for the recipe structured data identified. The Preview tool can be utilized to see exactly how Assistant can help guide you through the process and suggestions are offered for all the structured data related to your recipes.
Look at the Rich Results Test page in your account. This is where you can use the Preview Tool. Use it to see how recipes appear on smart device displays. This allows you to find issues with all markups before you publish the recipes.
Why Is This Addition Important?
Thanks to the modification, you now have access to extra tools and reports in regards to recipe markup. This is so useful for the sites that utilize such markup. Issues can easily be identified with the system that is used and you can fix problems that appear. Basically, the entire work you do becomes more efficient. At the same time, you have the huge added advantage of reporting it directly to Google that issues were fixed. This can only help you build a much better digital marketing funnel and recipes will show up in Google faster.
Adding Structured Data
In case you are not aware, structured data can be defined as a standardized format used to offer info about a page. It is also used to classify the content on the page. The process of adding structured data, including recipes, involves:
- Adding the properties that are required. They have to be added at specific parts of the page and guidelines from Google have to be respected.
- The code that you add needs to be validated with the use of Rich Results Test.
- Try some pages that include structured data. Then, go to the URL Inspection Tool in order to test what Google sees. When the page looks well, you have to ask Google to recrawl the URL. Time is needed for re-indexing and re-crawling.
- Submitting a sitemap. This is important to inform Google of all future changes for the pages that you want to appear in results.
Monitor Search Performance
After Google indexes the page featuring the rich results snippets you added, you have to always look for possible errors. Even if you are sure that you did everything appropriately, constant monitoring is mandatory because the coding used can change in the future.
When structured data is present and is crawled without any error, the sitemap can be updated so that your pages are regularly crawled by Google. When problems are noticed, you have to fix them before retesting and resubmitting.
The Rich Results Status Report allows you to monitor error rates. Do this periodically, especially after your code is updated or new templates are used. The most common reasons why errors appear are:
- A new template was rolled out and it does not work well or there are some parts of the website that improperly interacts with the template in place.
- Indexed structured data decrease can match error increases. When this does not happen, it is possible that structured data is no longer embedded in the pages or maybe the pages cannot be accessed by Google. The URL Inspection Tool can tell you what the problem is.
Overall, the new addition is a very welcomed one that will help you make the most of your content. During these tough times, when we are all affected by covid-19, any rich snipped addition can help.