Writing quality and relevant content is one way of improving your site conversation rate. There are millions of searchers on the internet looking for the right information online, and by writing SEO content, you can drive them to your site.
As an SEO copywriter, you have to be smart in your writing to make your content stand out from the rest. In this article, we share some of the five best tips to elevate your SEO writing and make your content unique.
1. Focus On The Headlines
Headlines are essential when you are coming up with relevant content. They determine whether your audience will click on your content in search results or not. Most people only read headlines first before they can decide to read the rest of the articles you write.
Only 2 out of 10 people will read the whole article if they find the headline relevant. Therefore, you should make your title magnetic and relevant to your audience if you want to increase conversion.
You can conduct keyword research to come up with a list of keywords you should use in your content. Include the most searched or primary keywords in your main headline and the subheaders if possible. Ensure your headlines are short (at least 2-7 words). You can also use action words, questions, numbers, or listicles for your headlines. To grab the attention of users, you can use odd numbers on the title, for example, 9 Ways To Improve Your Credit Score.
2. Use A Keyword In The First Line
The first line in your content should always include the keyword phrase. In most cases, the first line of the article will appear on the search engine result page as your meta description. Once the first line of your article contains the keyword phrase, you can increase your rank on a search engine—additionally, bold all the target keywords in your article.
3. Avoid Keyword Stuffing
While using the right keywords in your writing can help to rank your content up, you should avoid keyword stuffing. Keyword stuffing is where you use the same keyword repeatedly in your content to make your content rank high on the search engine.
It can increase your search visibility but will reduce user engagement in the long run. Your ultimate goal in SEO writing is to convert your readers, and with keyword stuffing, you cannot achieve high conversions.
Here are some tips to avoid keyword stuffing:
- Do not use words that are out of context when writing your content. The keyword should flow naturally in the sentence and relate to the content you write.
- Avoid repeating phrases and words in your content. Redundancy makes your articles sound boring to the reader.
- Set a primary keyword for each article or page – this is the target keyword that is relevant to your headline.
- Write in-depth content to cover all the details users may be looking for when searching for information. You can aim at 500 + words for your pages. This way, search engines can rank your content for the target keyword.
- You should also maintain a keyword density of less than 2% to make your content SEO friendly. Keyword density is the number of times you use a target keyword in your webpage.
4. Write Short And Clear Sentences
Are you writing a novel or a simple webpage to promote your brand? Well, you should avoid writing lengthy sentences. If you want to improve your readability score and clarity, you should limit your sentence to at least 14 words. Wordy sentences are difficult to understand, and you don’t want to confuse your readers, right. So, when it’s a spade, just call it a spade.
5. Link Your Target Keywords
Your target keywords have more weight when you hyperlink them. Therefore, apart from bolding and italicizing the keywords in your article, you should also include a clickable link.
Place your hyperlinked keywords at the start of the article ( in the first two paragraphs) or the bottom of the article, preferably in the conclusion section.
SEO writing involves a lot of issues, some even beyond the scope of this article. If you want to become a better writer, avoid the fatal mistakes in SEO by learning some technical aspects of SEO. To make your article SEO-friendly, you can practice the five tips shared in this article.