As you create website content, you preferably want to create something that is as optimized as possible. In order to do this, you use keyword phrases. But where should they be placed? You surely already have some ideas about this but let us double check. The coronavirus now makes all site owners doubt their future. This can lead to SEO mistakes. Avoid them by placing keyword phrases at the right locations on a page.
This is, by far, the most influential location. Your keyword phrase needs to be included. While the official recommendation is to place it right at the beginning, this is not as important as actually having it present. Remember that you only have a limited number of characters available for the page title. Make sure that your keyword phrase is not cut when displayed by Google.
The description is not influencing search result position, but it influences clicks. This is how you interact with the people that search for something. Usually, the description shows up as the text lines in search results. You need to build it like a marketing message and you have to be sure it includes the keyword phrase.
This is the main part of your article. Google always analyzes the text on a page in order to determine what it is about. The keyword phrase needs to thus be present in a natural way. Avoid keyword spam at all costs since this will always hurt rankings. Whenever possible, add antonyms, synonyms and other words that are related.
The main header tag (H1) needs to appear just one time on a page. It has to be as in the top area as possible and include the keyword phrase. Then, you can add other H2 tags as sub-headers, or headings like H3, H4 and so on. All of these are counted as being the same. Header tags are mandatory as they break up text blocks and are appreciated by Google.
The keyword phrase needs to be included whenever possible on the important components of the website, like:
- Domain Name – Not much control exists with the domain name but whenever possible, invest in one that includes the main keyword you target.
- Subdomain Name – This can easily include keywords.
- Folder Name – Should include high volume keywords that are related to the keyword phrase.
- Page Name – This should always include the keyword phrase.
On any graphic, you can add a title, keywords and description. Graphics should include keyword phrases in various places. All of them are going to help:
- Alt Tag – The description of the image. Make sure you do not stuff it with keywords. When the picture is of a black horse, the alt text should be “black horse”.
- File Name – Many people forget about this but the image file name should include keyword phrases, as much as possible.
- Graphic File SEO Properties – With the use of graphic editing programs like Adobe Photoshop, you can edit image meta tags for keywords, description and title. This is very beneficial for SEO purposes and is often forgotten by SEO managers.